well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Keyboard Drawer

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keyboard Drawer
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I’m looking for a keyboard drawer that will slide out and then adjust to be higher than the table where it’s mounted. Most of them only adjust to be flush with the table.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35010 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a couple of those at work over the years. I was never impressed with their lack of play, wobble, or whatever you want to call it. I know I had at least one that rose above the level of the desk. We typically had Steelcase or HumanScale accessories.

I always went the other way…tried to get my keyboard as low as possible, like an inch or so above my knees. I usually had my chair cranked up as high as it would go and used a footrest. But, if I recall, I’m a bit shorter than you are.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can get one of the ones on a pantograph lift and add some spacers between the support and the tray to get the height you want.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
This product could have the functionality you're looking for: Keyboard/Mouse Eclipse Arm 25 inch W-Black

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7433 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
This product could have the functionality you're looking for: Keyboard/Mouse Eclipse Arm 25 inch W-Black
Yeah, that looks about like what I had at the office.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com