well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Stephen Breyer has a book out

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stephen Breyer has a book out
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
With former President Donald Trump’s three appointees on the bench, the court was firmly in the hands of conservative justices whose theories of constitutional and statutory interpretation differed fundamentally from that of the liberal Breyer. Their methods have already upended American law in recent years in a variety of areas, including, most notably, abortion — a subject to which the court will return on Tuesday, when it hears arguments over the availability of the abortion pill mifepristone.

In a new book that comes out on the day of the argument and in an interview with POLITICO Magazine, Breyer hits hard at the approach of his conservative former colleagues and sounds a public alarm.

He talks about his good friend Nino. Antonin Scalia to the rest of us.

https://www.politico.com/news/...t-interview-00148948

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I should read this. I should care about this.

But I’ve written off SCOTUS as a slimy MAGA sh!tshow and no longer care what they do or what any of them think about anything.

Too bad. They had a good run.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I should read this. I should care about this.

But I’ve written off SCOTUS as a slimy MAGA sh!tshow and no longer care what they do or what any of them think about anything.

Too bad. They had a good run.

I can't give up on one of the three pillars of democracy in this country just yet. If we can't beat the bastards now, we'll have to wait them out until we can replace them. All the more reason to work to gain or keep control of the executive and legislative branches of government.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7400 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post