well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Better today...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better today...
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Than on Jan. 20th?

This unfortunately serves a notice that there is no business as usual, so we now know what to expect. “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”?

Whoever dropped the ball on security today won’t drop it again.
Hopefully.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
As Steve pointed out in the other thread, they prepared completely differently for BLM.

I wonder if they dropped the ball, or if the administration knocked it out of their hands.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Where was the security?

As I saw somewhere today, you don't ask where Miley Cirus is during a Hannah Montana concert...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7602 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they dropped the ball, or if the administration knocked it out of their hands.

Ugh.

Well hopefully, this will be a wake up call and it won’t happen again.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Reports showed Capitol Police moved barriers for the criminals. And took selfies with criminals. And a video shows one helping a criminal down some stairs.

I hope the entire Capitol Police force is fired any any of them who aided and abetted the criminals are severely punished.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30040 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s not going to happen.

They’re Republicans and Republicans never have to answer for anything. Jebus said so.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Especially if the new administration dismisses the ENTIRE leadership of the Capitol police ... as they should. The loss of "experience" is likely minimal and replaceable. That house needs to be cleaned, along with the senior leadership of the secret service. All agents should be moved or purged if there is any suspicion that they harbor political stances that might make them a right-wing security issue.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Especially if the new administration dismisses the ENTIRE leadership of the Capitol police ... as they should. The loss of "experience" is likely minimal and replaceable. That house needs to be cleaned, along with the senior leadership of the secret service. All agents should be moved or purged if there is any suspicion that they harbor political stances that might make them a right-wing security issue.

None of that is going to happen, even under a Biden administration. It’s baked in and has been for years.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the protests after the killing of George Floyd in May, President Trump vowed to “dominate” demonstrators, calling them “extremists” and “thugs,” while federal agents deployed tear gas and swept people into unmarked vans.

Peaceful protesters in Lafayette Square were suddenly met with flash grenades and chemical spray and rushed by police officers in riot gear to clear the way for President Trump to pose with a Bible in front of St. John’s Church.

Mr. Trump said that anyone who breached a security fence outside the White House would encounter “the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen.”

The tone, and the initial law enforcement response, were strikingly different on Wednesday as a lawless and destructive mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol and disrupted the counting of the Electoral College votes. One video appeared to show Capitol Police officers moving aside barriers and retreating as the mob flooded through.

Inside the Capitol, an officer pleaded with a man in a green backpack, saying, “You guys just need to go outside.” When asked why they weren’t expelling the protesters, the officer said, “We’ve just got to let them do their thing now.”

A flood of commentary followed, with many noting that the mob appeared to be largely white and insisting that they would have been treated far more harshly had they been Black or protesting racism.

Ivanka Trump called the rioters “American patriots” while urging them to stop the violence, in a tweet she later deleted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...in-email&login=email

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post