well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    88 offers.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

88 offers.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Looks like the Real Estate market is still hot:

House listing generates 76 offers.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow. Crazy times.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37767 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
You can sell and get tons of cash. But then what? You gotta live somewhere.

There’s a teardown a few blocks from me that’s listed for $1.8M. I’m guessing they’ll get more.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow. Not just offers, all-cash offers.

Besides all the other details, who are all these buyers with that much cash available??

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P.S. this:
quote:
She said the winning bid was not the highest offer, but it was all-cash with no contingencies and it had paperwork in place.

Yep. Even if you have the purchasing power, if you're not ready to go, you're not getting a home right now. It really stacks things against first time home buyers.

I continue to be so, so grateful that we bought our home in spring 2019 instead of spring 2020!! (Also that I bought my grand piano before the pandemic started, pianos are also selling like crazy apparently!

Posts: 18316 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Bubble, bubble...toil and trouble.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13521 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bubble, bubble...toil and trouble.

Indeed!

On a smaller scale, re the home that was a fixer-upper and sold for 70% above the list price, the buyer better move fast on those renovations to turn around and get that house back on the market, because otherwise they are risking significant loss.

Obviously, things are different in big cities, but there are a few houses in our neighborhood that have been flipped and are listed at pretty high prices, and they're not getting snapped up. Those flippers take a huge risk....

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Brokers are bragging about the number of offers and the bidding wars but that tells me they don’t know the market and are underpricing their listings.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17670 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Brokers are bragging about the number of offers and the bidding wars but that tells me they don’t know the market and are underpricing their listings.

Jf

Sometimes it's a deliberate strategy. They will tell other brokers, I won't tell you the prices, but we are already considering multiple offers. That gets some buyers to panic and to put in a bid way over asking.

I've also known brokers who will set it up for a second round. They get one round of bids, then go back and ask everyone for their best and final offer. (And casually mention to the brokers that, by the way, your client wasn't the highest bidder, and wasn't close, so if they want this house, they'd better improve their offer a lot.)

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:

Jf

And they take their cut anyway.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have never had a positive experience with a realtor.

We met one a couple weeks ago on the other side of the state who was friendly, but seemed pretty young and inexperienced.

But the vultures in this area are a nasty lot.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post