well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy 4th!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 4th!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted
I have such mixed feelings this July 4th, more so than at any other year in my life I think. The havoc and destruction we wreaked on America's indigenous peoples. The fact that our Declaration of Independence declares an unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness--a self-evidence truth! Yet it never made it into the Constitution written only 11 years later. That all men are created equal, another self-evident truth yet the Constitution only allowed for three-fifths to be counted. So many contradictions.

But I believe they had the best intentions in mind (mostly) and it was a good thing to declare independence from England.

So Happy Fourth of July!

I'm hosting brunch on the deck tomorrow morning for my neighbors. I've never done that before. Casserole is in the fridge, coffee cake is made, other preparations will be easy in the morning.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Happy Fourth, Bernard! Have fun with the neighbors.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9851 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Happy July 4th / Independence Day!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12730 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
How did the brunch go? And what kind of casserole and what kind of coffee cake?

Big Grin

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Your table setting is so inviting, and the food you prepared sounds fabulous. The marks of an excellent host. Your neighbors must have really enjoyed the hospitality!

But an aside....

Your quilt is a work of art. Beautiful design and execution.

I'm in awe.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38212 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wtg.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/