well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fauci may be in trouble
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fauci may be in trouble
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Trump Vows to Lift Restrictions

Fauci's moment may be coming.

I'm also really annoyed by this paragraph.

quote:
Conservative economists Stephen Moore and Art Laffer have been lobbying the White House for more than a week to strongly consider scaling back the recommendation that restaurants, stores and other gathering spots be closed, although exactly what that would entail remains unclear.

These guys have no credibility within the community of economists. They're hacks.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My friend emailed me during the briefing and said “he’s going to kill us all”

States can still keep their restrictions in place. I can’t imagine Cuomo lifting New York’s just because Cheeto Man said it’s ok.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He doesn’t have much power except to restart the airlines. Most of the restrictions are state and local.

The problem is he’ll turn this back into a tribal identity fight. 40% of the country will follow him on this.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Trump-supporting family member on FL says she is looking forward to the 15-day home restriction being over. Roll Eyes

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My sis in law in PA thinks it is all over blown..

While she rakes in the bucks..She is an elder care attorney and booking more billable hours than she has ever done because her clients are worried about their estates should they die in this pandemic.. WTF

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I thought this thread was gonna say he got canned...

I was thinking maybe he did...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
LL. I thought the thread was going to say that Fauci was sick. Thank goodnesss he is fine so far.

Anyway....Guardian had a piece that summarizes yesterday’s presser.

“The captain is flying blind.”

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
He can't fire Fauci. That would leave Fauci a free agent to criticize the President's "strategy" on every talk show out there.

He'll just sideline and muzzle him.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Monday night that he's "not living in fear" of the novel coronavirus pandemic and is "all in" on lifting social distancing guidelines recommended by public health experts in order to help the economy.
Patrick, who said he turns 70 next week, would be among the high-risk population that is most affected by the coronavirus. But he said people like him have to weigh the hazards to their personal health that the virus poses with the challenges to health of the American economy brought on by social distancing guidelines.
"No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?' And if that is the exchange, I'm all in," Patrick told Fox News.
He added, "My messages is that let's get back to work, let's get back to living. Let's be smart about it and those of us who are 70+, we'll take care of ourselves. But don't sacrifice the country."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23...uidelines/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
He can't fire Fauci. That would leave Fauci a free agent to criticize the President's "strategy" on every talk show out there.

He'll just sideline and muzzle him.

Fauci is smart enough not to be used in that way, I'm guessing. The moment he feels he is being used as a prop, i.e. when he understands that his and the health community's best advice is being ignored, is the moment he must publicly rebuke the WH and take the consequences. If he does not, he will join the growing throng of people whose reputations have been permanently trashed by exposure to Trump.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think Fauci is the consummate medical professional. At this stage of his life and career, he's not in this for the money or the next job. I think he'd be the guy to tell the country the emperor has no clothes.

I hope my assessment is accurate.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Fauci is the consummate medical professional. At this stage of his life and career, he's not in this for the money or the next job. I think he'd be the guy to tell the country the emperor has no clothes.

I hope my assessment is accurate.

I hope so to! Our country really needs him to be this way!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Reinforcements for Fauci.

quote:
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would like to ease the guidelines urging non-essential businesses to close in order to slow the spread of the new coronavirus by Easter. But some Republican allies and his former Food and Drug Administration chief are warning him against such a move.

A day earlier Trump said he fears the economic costs of the response could be more destructive than the virus itself.

"This was a medical problem, we are not going to let it turn into a long-lasting financial problem," the president said.

But former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said the economy cannot succeed amid a rampant outbreak.

"There’s a strong and understandable desire to return to better times and a functioning economy. But it should not be lost on anyone that there's no such thing as a functioning economy and society so long as covid-19 continues to spread uncontrolled in our biggest cities," he tweeted.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wy., shared Gottlieb's post and echoed his concern.

"There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus," she said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a close ally to the president urged him Monday not to "back off aggressive containment policies within the United States."

Graham shared an article from The Washington Post about Trump's apparent embrace of the growing argument from conservative media personalities that the cure was becoming worse than the disease.

"When it comes to how to fight #CoronavirusPandemic, I’m making my decisions based on healthcare professionals like Dr. Fauci and others, not political punditry," Graham tweeted.

"Try running an economy with major hospitals overflowing, doctors and nurses forced to stop treating some because they can’t help all, and every moment of gut-wrenching medical chaos being played out in our living rooms, on TV, on social media, and shown all around the world," Graham said.

On Tuesday, Graham said he liked New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "explanation of how to balance reopening the economy against public health concerns."

https://www.usatoday.com/story...idelines/2908824001/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I won't be one of those following him down the path that leads us to Lombardy writ large. In fact I plan to extend at least some form of social distancing until this thing is gone, done, vaccined and cured.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Spain, too. It's the new Italy, maybe worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...-deaths-rise-steeply

Bazootiehead-in-training