well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Breathwork and Alzheimer's

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breathwork and Alzheimer's
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Breathe deeply and slowly.

https://www.bbc.com/future/art...d-against-alzheimers

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Good to know

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Ive become interested in breathwork lately and am looking into it. Thanks for posting even more motivation..

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Surprised by the finding that breathwork discourages plaques but meditation promotes them.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Will wait for the counter-study.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That was an interesting read. I’ve been working on those breathing exercises that while I do my back stretches. (It’s been three weeks, and though it’s better, I still can’t sit in a chair or car without pain shooting down my leg after 5 or so minutes. Can’t lay either side, but pain goes away on my back and on my stomach. Third PT appointment today - the manipulations and things she’s been doing have been helping, but this is pretty depressing!)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Surprised by the finding that breathwork discourages plaques but meditation promotes them.

I marvel at the complicated and intricate way our bodies operate. I wonder if the seemingly opposing forces resulting from breathwork (decreasing plaques) or meditation (increasing plaques) is just an example of the body synchronizing/balancing its processes. This is where I think some of the Eastern medical traditions can add a lot of value. They focus on relationships among various elements of the body, spirit and the environment around us, and I've found the perspective to be helpful in understanding when things goes out of whack in my own body, and how to bring them back in balance.

I believe that some Alzheimer's researchers are beginning to look beyond plaques and tangles, because it seems that they aren't the only factor at play.

I had never heard about heart rate variability before reading this article. Another piece of the puzzle, it seems.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post