well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Stephanie Grisham's book

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stephanie Grisham's book
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Some amusing stories to tell; links to additional stories at the end of this one, including one about why Trump turned down anesthesia for a colonoscopy and why he kept the procedure a secret.

https://www.businessinsider.co...-grisham-book-2021-9

Grisham becomes yet another in a long line of people who worked for him for years and who in the end became yet another disgruntled employee who didn't have what it takes.....

The hilarity continues.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
TMI.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grisham, who describes the Trump White House as “a clown car on fire running at full speed into a warehouse full of fireworks,” served as Melania Trump’s press secretary and later her chief of staff. In between, she worked as the White House’s communications director, a position she likened to “sitting in a beautiful office while a sprinkler system pours water down on you every second and ruins everything on your desk.”

quote:
Grisham also shared that, during her time as communications director, a teenager challenged the president to go vegan for one month in exchange for a $1 million donation to veterans groups. Trump refused, she said, explaining “It messes with your body chemistry, your brain.” Before adding: “And if I lose even one brain cell, we’re ******.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...peech-150740353.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Too little, too late. She stayed long enough to be complicit.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Tempted to read but I find these days all things Trump, even things that reinforce how awful he is, just make me mad. I am looking forward to when he and his kids and Jared are all in jail. And the IRS penalties bankrupt them all.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Too little, too late. She stayed long enough to be complicit.

Exactly. I am giving the side eye to anyone who worked for Trump after around the first six months of his reign. It was clear who he was and how he would run the WH by then. To voluntarily join indicates, at minimum, poor judgement. At its worst, it means they were willing to cash in any sense of ethics for the rush of being near a seat of power, or extreme hubris that you would be the one to "change him."

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
In Grisham's case, I think we can say with confidence she didn't think she was going to be able to change him. There was no evidence she tried. In fact, there's little evidence that she tried to behave like a functioning press secretary.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interesting interview with Stephanopolous.

quote:
While other top aides resigned or were forced out, with some even speaking out against Trump while he was still in office, Grisham stood by the president throughout nearly the entirety of the Trump administration's four-year term, through numerous controversies -- and when asked on Monday by Stephanopoulos if it was a mistake to work for President Trump, she quickly replied, "Yes."

"Why do it?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"I do believe he gave voice to a lot of people who did feel forgotten," Grisham said. "But I think that many of us, myself included, got into that White House, and got heavy with power and … we didn't think about serving the country anymore, it was about surviving."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/step...te/story?id=80392650

Bazootiehead-in-training