well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The most beautiful guitar pick I have ever seen.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most beautiful guitar pick I have ever seen.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
Wow! Scott at Charmed Life Picks has done it again. Actually he has surpassed anything I have ever seen (or played) to date.

When he told me about this project I was skeptical to say the least. How would this even be possible? Would it hold up? How good looking would it actually be? How good would it feel and sound? It is an authentic mother of pearl, four leaf clover, expertly inlaid into a 2mm thick casein pick.

Yeah, it is the most expensive pick I have ever purchased and will probably hold that title forever. lol I don't mind the price. The amount of effort and labor to bring this piece of art to reality far surpasses what I ended up parting with for one. It will be in my pick collection forever, and eventually in my daughter's pick collection when I leave this mortal coil.

Congratulations to Charmed Life Picks! It far exceeds any expectations I had. It has an incredible feel. No slippage at all. The tone ah! that's the most important part isn't it? It is quickly becoming my favorite in that department. I can really dig in with this baby. Warm, yet, loud and full of attack when I demand it.

I absolutely love this pick.

Most guitar players are content with picks that cost $5 per dozen. Not me. lol.  I own several of Scott's handmade creations. And every one of them is cherished and used for various reasons. This one is just over the top in every way possible.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Guess you won’t be throwing that one out to the audience!!

Kidding aside, very pretty!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Doesn't it feel good to use this carefully crafted accessory that's beautiful?

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I guess you don't feel like confessing to your mercenary audience how much it DID cost...
WTF

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t this belong in the “Best Money Wasting Tips” thread?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Doesn’t this belong in the “Best Money Wasting Tips” thread?

You mean like a finely crafted piano action?

Looked up casein picks.
Found this at $24.99 for one for mandolin.
https://www.daddario.com/produ...20and%20articulation.
Whatever floats your boat.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I do not purchase these picks because of any other reason other than to support an artist and a friend. They are wonderful of course, but they are not something I would purchase from any other source.

I have always "wasted money" on such things to support small artists and businesses.

I don't care about the money or about how much something like this costs. I never have and I never will.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I was just kidding. My custom bicycle fits into that category too. We all have our splurges, and that’s good!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I trust that pick will give you satisfaction every time you use it for as long as you or it lasts.

I think I understand something of what you feel. I have a few objects that have value to me far greater than what I paid for them (in fact, one of them - a laboratory demonstration model of a three phase electrical motor - is something I salvaged from a junk heap when I was a student at the university).

Not everything needs to be utilitarian to be valuable to someone; lots of our memories fall into that category.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
I think I understand something of what you feel. I have a few objects that have value to me far greater than what I paid for them (in fact, one of them - a laboratory demonstration model of a three phase electrical motor - is something I salvaged from a junk heap when I was a student at the university).

Do you have a picture? happydance

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, it might be fun for others of us to post photos of such "treasures".

I'm afraid I have too many.
Thinking first off, though, of a very small hand-painted laquered wooden box - those Russian painted ones done with tiny brushes.

I found it in a small specialty shop in Paris on a stopover from Haifa to California (on my way to get married). I carefully chose it from amidst a number of them and the owner. said, "You have good taste. It's the most expensive one I have."

~2.5" X 1.5" X 1". Four dancing village maidens, with a gold sky in the background.
I put a large silken golden lock of my first son's baby hair in it.

It was pricy, but I regard it as priceless.
(Trying to think of a few others.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Very fine. Congrats!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post