well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trump Dictatorship ...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Dictatorship ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
... Is Increasingly Inevitable

Scary. Well-reasoned.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
not inevitable. highly possible, which is not the same thing.

vote, and talk to everyone about how necessary it is that they vote for biden, not because they like everything about him or his policies, but to make certain that drumpf is never anywhere near the white house again.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I need to read this, but I’m dreading it… I feel very pessimistic about all of this…

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Started reading it. Quite long, was not in the mood to get depressed.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I've been reading Tired of Winning by Jonathan Karl and I share SK's sense of dread and pessimism.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It is a dark, rainy day in Tucson. Not a good day to read that.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Liz Cheney's new book has a brilliant title: Orange Jesus. Well, not really...it's actually Oath and Honor...but "OJ" comes up in the book...

https://www.vanityfair.com/new...ey-book-orange-jesus

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Overreaction. He’d still have the same guardrails he had the last time. Can’t happen.

Trust the founding fathers. The constitution is a genius document.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing you didn't read the article because it talks about how many of the guardrails would be removed.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
It is a dark, rainy day in Tucson. Not a good day to read that.

I thought all rainy days in Tucson were good days ... Wink

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Overreaction. He’d still have the same guardrails he had the last time. Can’t happen.

Trust the founding fathers. The constitution is a genius document.

The Constitution was written by men. It was written in generalities, and men couldn’t anticipate everything. Therefore, it has to be interpreted, and anything that can be interpreted can be maliciously misinterpreted.

Trump appointed a number of institutionalists last time, starting with his Vice President. He won’t do that next time. He’ll appoint evil, unprincipled lunatics, people who will make Mark Meadows and Bill Barr look moderate. People like Jeff Clark and Mike Flynn.

Nikki Haley would be a disaster, from my point of view, but the country would survive. It won’t survive another round of Trump, not in any recognizable form.

Posts: 45757 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nikki Haley would be a disaster, from my point of view, but the country would survive. It won’t survive another round of Trump, not in any recognizable form.

This pretty much my take at this point.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

This pretty much my take at this point.

And yet he’s the first choice of a majority of the electorate.

Hard to figure.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump appointed a number of institutionalists last time, starting with his Vice President. He won’t do that next time. He’ll appoint evil, unprincipled lunatics, people who will make Mark Meadows and Bill Barr look moderate. People like Jeff Clark and Mike Flynn.

Which was the point about the guardrails being removed.

Imagine a DoJ run by someone determined to ensure that the entire government bureaucracy was staffed by MAGA loyalists. Imagine him (likely a him) unselfconsciously using the office to punish all of Trump's perceived enemies, and subtly threatening violence (by social media) against the families of any quasi-independent legal voice raised against his majesty.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Which was the point about the guardrails being removed.

Imagine a DoJ run by someone determined to ensure that the entire government bureaucracy was staffed by MAGA loyalists. Imagine him (likely a him) unselfconsciously using the office to punish all of Trump's perceived enemies, and subtly threatening violence (by social media) against the families of any quasi-independent legal voice raised against his majesty.

Yeah, I was trying to summarize for Mik. Thanks for driving the point home.

Posts: 45757 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post