well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I must be *really* old.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I must be *really* old.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Scary. I recognize nearly all of these

quote:
I Hate To Break It To You, But If You Recognize Literally Any Of These 51 Pictures, You Are Officially Old Now

It's not up to me. I don't make the rules.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves...se-foods-you-are-old

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I recognized all but 1. Not only that but we still have some of that stuff. Eeker

Has frozen fruit juice been discontinued?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I survived the extraction of a molar the dentist rated it a 9 out of 10 for difficulty.
Today this.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Time to put me through the wood chipper.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has frozen fruit juice been discontinued?

I was wondering that as well. And ice cream in a box... I guess now it comes in those round-ish tubs?

Also, what is #16?

I probably recognized more than half of the rest Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Fried bologna!

Don't know about the OJ, as it's not something we drink. My dad used to buy frozen daquiri mix that came in that packaging. I assumed that cartons of Tropicana or the so-called fresh squeezed stuff they sell in produce departments of grocery stores had taken over the market.

edit: Looked up frozen OJ concentrate at my local Mariano's (Kroger). The only one they carry is the Kroger brand. No Minute Maid.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My theory is anyone over 50 is old, but YMMV.

And, yes, I'm officially old according to your link.

Lol.

Posts: 24712 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looked up frozen OJ concentrate at my local Mariano's (Kroger). The only one they carry is the Kroger brand. No Minute Maid.

I wonder why… maybe people buy juice ready to drink now? People buy/drink juice less because of concerns about sugary drinks? People are too lazy to mix up the concentrate?

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Still have the wooden salad bowl. Two actually, large and small. And the accompanying wooden utensils. We still use them.

What are we “supposed” to use for salad these days??

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good old petro based plastic, I suppose.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

Good old petro based plastic, I suppose.

Or beautiful $$$ artisan bowls of exotic woods handmade by Gambian villagers or Italian designers.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fried bologna!

Somehow I didn't see this the first time...

So I've never had that, nor heard of it. But we almost never (never?) had bologna in the house when I was growing up. At least not that I can remember. Salami and other Italian meats, or else sandwiches were PB&J.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Not only do I remember most of those, my 41 year old daughter who was looking over my shoulder recognized almost as many. Big Grin

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And now I want a fried bologna sandwich!
Yummy

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I do remember fried bologna but I was never a fan. It just smelled nasty to me.