well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Northern California hit by storms

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northern California hit by storms
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Yikes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wire...storic-rain-80758019

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Bomb cyclone!! That’s a pretty scary name!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

Big Grin

For a relatively common event!

Perhaps the most amazing weather event of my life was the White Hurricane that sent Ohio into the worst blizzard of the 20th century. The central pressure of that sucker collapsed by 40 millibars over 24 hours. I've never felt such conditions ... blinding snowfall (many feet), well below zero, + 50 MPH wind.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s making a mess but even so it’s a beautiful thing! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Big Grin

Perhaps the most amazing weather event of my life was the White Hurricane that sent Ohio into the worst blizzard of the 20th century. The central pressure of that sucker collapsed by 40 millibars over 24 hours. I've never felt such conditions ... blinding snowfall (many feet), well below zero, + 50 MPH wind.

Yikes! HairRaising

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
the White Hurricane

I remember that! We lived in central IL. It was crazy!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Big Grin

Steve leaves for his new home in less than a week.

You just *had* to post that story, didn't you.....

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Look! Steve came out of the house.

It must be May! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
We are getting our share of that storm here in Reno. Our projected rainfall for today, which we are well on pace for, is noticeably more than the last 12 months in total.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I hope that's a good thing, at least for reservoirs. Hopefully without too much land sliding.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Lots of rain here in PDX.

But I must admit, the Sunday night football game is being held in SF in about an hour. They showed a camera shot outside of the stadium. The trees looked like Miami during a hurricane.

This should be FUN. I'm predicting lots of running, no FGs, no passes. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post