well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Air BnB project, anyone?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air BnB project, anyone?
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted
https://www.zillow.com/homedet...&utm_source=txtshare

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
On tribal land with a lease, I’ve always felt like those (along with the cabins on leased land from the government) would be risky. But cool property!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Not gonna be cheap to fix. Purchase will have to be all cash.

Leased land would be a non starter for me unless there are at least 30 years.

There are probably better choices.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
the lease is 30 years.

and jodi--over six acres!

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I like being right on the water like that. Where I live now I have 360 views of the mountains, including the continental divide. But waking up and seeing the sea from your bed would be even nicer!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Looks more like a teardown to me. There's areason it's been on the market for the better part of a year. But man, that location..

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13642 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's areason it's been on the market for the better part of a year

Maybe, or maybe no one has the inclination to take on such a big project, the gutting plus the lease.

Either way, I agree, the location is amazing, but I couldn’t deal with the totality of the project.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering why the owner couldn't have rebuilt it with insurance money. Wouldn't it have been insured against fire?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I miss the mountains in HI a lot. It's known for its beaches, but it's 99% mountains. Of course, not glacial mountains but volcanic. So the landscape has an undulating quality to it as many here know. You only have to go higher or lower in elevation and/or travel a slight distance around a belt road to find yourself in a different climate, with mountain views, and, yes, I'd be lying if I said seeing the ocean isn't great. I thought the ocean views, assuming the ocean could seen became more spectacular the higher the elevation. There's a certain elevation where the largest ocean going vessels look like toys. Though, my favorite ocean views were from very high elevations. These were a magnificent combination of views of the land and a vast expanse of the ocean.

Posts: 25181 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Note-- this reply 100% needs editing, and I'm sorry but I'm giving up on doing that.

I got a new phone yesterday. It's not a Pixel. It's a Motorola Edge 2002. I will take me a few days to learn how to use it.

I'll be able to edit posts when I figure out how to get Google Play to download FireFox.

I think I've finally become nostalgic about HI-- but not about living there. Big difference.

Much of the land in HI is lease hold because the large land trusts controlled by the missionary families won't sell it.

I

Posts: 25181 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post