well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Faded Avatars?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faded Avatars?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have been noticing some members avatars are now faded..
Daniel, pique, WTG...wondering if you need to update your the hosting site?

Do any of us need to do the same?

Inquiring minds...

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Mine shows up

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Mine shows up

It shows up, but it's fuzzy.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Yes, some of them are blurry. Pique', wtg, Cindy. Mary Anna et al. But not all. Maybe just the ones from the library available from WTF?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Naw, it’s just Photobucket. They think pissing off their customers is good business

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yep. As I said, I deleted every singe image from my bucket and they are still sending me 'you are over your storage limit - give us money' emails. Sending them to spam.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Pique, yours shows up blurry with a photobucket logo over the top, so it must be stored through them somehow? Does mine show up like that?

I’ve got some of these originals on my big computer still, I’ll have to look to see which ones.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20447 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Pique, yours shows up blurry with a photobucket logo over the top, so it must be stored through them somehow? Does mine show up like that?

I’ve got some of these originals on my big computer still, I’ll have to look to see which ones.

Yours does not, Jodi.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
It’s a Photobucket thing. I noticed mine and fixed it.

Thread here

Think I’ll go delete the rest of my pictures there, except for the PW ABF medals and avatar. Eventually they’ll stop sending me their spammy emails.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I ran into the Photobucket problems when I was trying to send my September DOM picture to Matt. He was kind enough to provide an e-mail address that I could forward it to so I didn't need to use Photobucket.

My avatar is still hosted there and may be a little lower resolution but it's hard to say because it's a small cartoon image. That could be true of Jodi's as well.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative free hosting website or some other vehicle to transfer our avatars to for those of us who don't maintain a personal website?

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7402 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
postimages.org has been fine for me, but I'm a total low tech user.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I've switched to Flickr because you can make albums fairly easily. The downside is that each picture ends up with a bunch of verbiage along with it. It's easy enough to delete but kind of a hassle.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
You can host your avatar picture right here:

Reduce your avatar to 100 x 100 px or less and low jpg density. The file should be around 3 or 4 kb.

Select Go - Personal Zone - Profile

Click View/Edit Complete Profile

Next to your avatar click Edit

Click Custom Avatar

Select Upload Custom Avatar

Browse to your file

Click Update Avatar

Click Select This One

Scroll to the bottom of the profile and click Submit

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Mine shows up

+1

I’ll spruce mine up if I find time.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
You can host your avatar picture right here:

Reduce your avatar to 100 x 100 px or less and low jpg density. The file should be around 3 or 4 kb.

Select Go - Personal Zone - Profile

Click View/Edit Complete Profile

Next to your avatar click Edit

Click Custom Avatar

Select Upload Custom Avatar

Browse to your file

Click Update Avatar

Click Select This One

Scroll to the bottom of the profile and click Submit

worked like a charm, pj. Thanks!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post