well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    And I have a fever.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And I have a fever.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I'm so sorry, Jodi. I was there was something we could do.
+1

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m hanging in there. The benefit of taking my temp a lot these past two weeks is that I know what normal(ish) is - and that I’m about a degree higher than that. My temp is also about a degree lower first thing in the morning than it is at night. So last night I was 99.3, this morning I am 98.3. I feel like I have a fever - my legs are hot and the back of my eyeballs feel hot (that’s weird, I know) But I slept well last night (took Tylenol before bed) so that is good. Got up this morning at 5:30am Eeker with the kitty alarm clock and just ate a small piece of homemade pizza rom last night (it sounded good) so I could take more Tylenol.

Steve’s temp is slowly going down - his nighttime high was 99 last night, and he’s down to 97.3 this morning! he is still having bouts of serious sweats early morning as hit temperature goes down. And he’s having some of the side effects of the medication - nausea. He was on the 3x a day dose of the hydroxychloroquine, but we’re moving to the 2x a day dose for the last two days - doctor said we should do that if he has a hard time with the nausea. At any rate - there we are. This sucks. But hopefully I won’t have it as bad as he has.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it, Jodi. Here's hoping you don't get too sick.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
hopefully I won’t have it as bad as he has.

Praying for this!! And also for Steve to recover quickly!!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18471 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
jodi, will you be put on hydroxychloroquine as well? What is the med supposed to accomplish?

Do you think it helped your husband?

I keep hearing about it but not sure what is supposed to do exactly.

Sending healing thoughts. Comfort

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Awwww carp!
Hope you don't get worse. Hope, hope, hope.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Looks like I need to get retested first, before starting any treatment. They need to know, for the data, but also because it could possibly mess up Steve’s quarantine - they do not know what the immunity is yet - how strong, if any - so if he gets well and test negative, and I’m still positive then we need to be separated because I could possibly re-infect him. Effing Hell. Blink

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
because it could possibly mess up Steve’s quarantine - they do not know what the immunity is yet - how strong, if any - so if he gets well and test negative, and I’m still positive then we need to be separated because I could possibly re-infect him.

Oh dear, I had never thought of that! Frowner

Keep us posted. I wish there was more we could do for you!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18471 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So I am driving to get re-tested, not far from the house (different place than where we were tested before). They will do it in the parking lot. State put a rush on it, (since my contact is a known positive) but it still may take a couple of days.

Smiler Jodi

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
God bless you, Jodi. Hope it's something else.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t that be a miracle.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Though at this point, I’d be happier with 1) positive, 2) mild case 3) some immunity.

Smiler Jodi

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Though at this point, I’d be happier with 1) positive, 2) mild case 3) some immunity.

Hoping for all these things.

Group Hug virtually, of course.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Got retested - same swab up each nostril, swirled around fo 10 seconds each side! Seemed like it was a softer swab this time - one that was flexible instead of hard - but wow, did it bring on a sneezing coughing eye watering fit! Will take a couple of days to get the results.

Smiler Jodi