well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Just realized...Voice recognition security protection techniques at online brokerages. Uh-oh.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just realized...Voice recognition security protection techniques at online brokerages. Uh-oh.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
The (account owner's) voice recognition security measure at Charles Schwab and others had better get wise to this AI thing and fast.

I have always thought voice recognition by phone was a terrific protection - one reason I banked online there. Not so, it turns out! (Presuming you all are familiar with their voice recognition security. I.e., "Repeat,'at Charles Schwab, my voice is my password.' "
Ha! Skeptical

Trying to think of a new security measure for there and elsewhere. It sure could scam me and others banking at Schwab (and other online banks) out of a humongous amount of dough.

Terrifying! HairRaising

Come on, online brokerages, resolve this account holders' vulnerability lickety split!!

Retinal ID? fingerprints? face IDs? They've already been used but there must be ways to get around them via AI (no wonder they're not used much any more).

What about DNA sequencing? It would be expensive and complicated but the payoff could be so lucrative for robbing very rich account holders, I'm sure scientific scammers would be willing to go to the trouble. I'm such a technoklutz I already struggle to link accounts via that two mini deposit security method (but I'm sure scammers are much better at it than me - otherwise, that seems pretty clever).

In my rural area, I'm certainly not near any branches of major banks which would be an alternative protection (depositing and/or withdrawing only in person).

Brainstorming?

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post