well-temperedforum.groupee.net
What to Do and See in Montreal

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/5343920997

10 April 2024, 06:34 PM
Qaanaaq-Liaaq
What to Do and See in Montreal
Can anyone recommend what to do and see in Montreal?

I’ll be in Montreal, QC either later this summer or early fall. I used to live in Syracuse, NY, a few hours drive away but I never got around to going to Montreal. Oh, and I can’t speak a word of French but I don’t think it matters or does it?
10 April 2024, 06:55 PM
CHAS
See the gay section. It is a few blocks of OMG we are not in Kansas anymore.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

10 April 2024, 07:12 PM
Axtremus
You will be fine in Montreal without speaking a word of French. (Quebec City is the one that is more French-centric.)

Enjoy “Old Montreal.” Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

10 April 2024, 07:54 PM
dolmansaxlil
Montreal is fabulous! Most people speak English so don’t worry about that. Check out whatever is happening at the Quartier des Spectacles while you are there. It’s an area that is often closed to traffic for street festivals.

Also, head to St. Viateur Bagels in the Jewish area of town if you can. Buy a bagel (or a dozen) still warm from the oven and immediately upon walking out of the store eat one plain out of the bag. They are heavenly. There will be a line but it moves very fast and it’s worth it.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

10 April 2024, 10:05 PM
piqué
yeah but don't go shopping for kosher meat.

fear is the thief of dreams

10 April 2024, 11:35 PM
RealPlayer
I’ve also heard the bagels are great, but haven’t been to Montreal to try them.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray