well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Lincoln Project endorses Biden

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lincoln Project endorses Biden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
A conservative group working against President Trump's reelection that includes George Conway, husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, on Thursday released a video rejecting Trump’s claim that his impeachment earlier this year distracted him from the impending coronavirus outbreak.

The Lincoln Project's clip, titled “Distracted,” knocked the administration’s slow response to the growing pandemic, which initially began in China and spread across Europe.

“Coronavirus has now killed three times more Americans than 9/11,” a narrator says. “So what’s Donald Trump been up to? Blaming the impeachment hearings for distracting him from preparing for the pandemic."

The ad is in this article:

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...hment-distraction-in

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38016 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
And in the Conway household there was much rejoicing ...

Posts: 12575 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Conways were practicing social distancing way before the coronavirus struck.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38016 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
I wish the bastard would just resign.

Pence too.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea. Friend just sent me this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09...ronavirus/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Un freaking real.

Could you imagine the blowup if this were a Democratic administration refusing to let health officials from appearing on Faux News?

They talk about snowflakes, but I have never seen such extreme sycophantic, snowflakery as there is on the right.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And it's targeted at CNN, which isn't the only channel doing it.

ABC is cutting away, too, often even before CNN does. They just divert it to one of their secondary channels and their live feed on the ABC website.

Anyone who wants to watch the briefings can find a way.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
I wish the bastard would just resign.
Pence too.
Let’s see ... third in line of succession would be ...

Pelosi!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d.../1248227768439111681

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ABC isn't running it all today on their main channel; they just continued with the local, and then the national news. I'm assuming they have it available elsewhere.

Neither are CBS or NBC.

CNN had some of it, but they switched away before it was over. And then went back live to the briefing again when Fauci came on.

Fox is running the whole thing.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The election is on a distant back burner. Unlike anything we have seen in our lives.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13587 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's not front and center and headline grabbing, but by no means has it gone away. On either side.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Yea. Friend just sent me this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09...ronavirus/index.html

Well that didn't last long. Fauci is scheduled to be on CNN tomorrow morning.

Shrug

Bazootiehead-in-training