well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Went for a walk in my quiet suburban neighborhood

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went for a walk in my quiet suburban neighborhood
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
...and off in the distance I could see all kinds of flashing lights and what looked like a ton of emergency equipment. I wondered if there was a gas main break or a fire at the school.

As I got closer I saw trucks. Lots of trucks. And muscle cars. Lots of muscle cars.

If it is big, fast, and/or loud, it was there.

Turns out a little boy who loves trucks and muscle cars just successfully finished his cancer treatments and is cancer-free. His family arranged a little parade to celebrate.

"Ninja Dylan Kicked Cancer's Butt":

Here's Ninja Dylan, sitting on an inflatable throne in front of his house:

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness!!! That just makes my heart burst!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They didn't do a good job of lining them up and staging them, so traffic was snarled in a four or five block area around Dylan's house.

If I had to guess how long the caravan was if they had all lined up, I think it was probably in the 8 to 10 block range.

There were all sorts of people out on their front lawns or who walked over from the surrounding area.

Those truck horns were deafening, as were the high horsepower vehicles with funky exhaust systems whose drivers revved them up so they'd make a lot of noise.

It was loud. And very touching.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Ninja Dylan for kicking cancer’s butt.

I like that cement mixer painted in pink.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the backstory from last week. CBS hasn't yet posted an update with footage of the actual event.

Transcript of story:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...leukemia/ar-BB1bcHOx

video version:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/v...nt-to-beat-leukemia/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
celebration time...isn't that wonderful.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
News coverage of the parade.

video may auto-start

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...es-cancer-treatment/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s so awesome

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
'Scuse me... I'll be back in a moment... I seem to have something in my eye...

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Dylan!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post