well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Boehner talks knuckleheads and goofballs

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boehner talks knuckleheads and goofballs
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
And he isn't talking about any Democrats.

quote:
Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Monday that GOP lawmakers who listen to talk radio are to blame for the recent partial government shutdown.

Boehner signled out "talk radio people" and those he called the "goofballs on the right," while speaking at the the Caxambas Republican Club on Marco Island, Fla., according to The Naples Daily News.

“The knuckleheads in Congress that listen to these guys start blowing in the president's ear,” Boehner said.

“All of sudden, the president calls [former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)] and [current House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)] and says, ‘I want $5 billion or nothing.'"

https://thehill.com/homenews/h...k-radio-helped-cause

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38120 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh NOW he figures it out. Roll Eyes

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35036 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seems to me he was fully aware of it as speaker. That’s why he left.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think the Democrats are probably just a few years behind them.

I mean in terms of having a sizeable populist core that views compromise as heresy and wil choose the enforcement of orthodoxy over party loyalty every time.

Posts: 33811 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Seems to me he was fully aware of it as speaker. That’s why he left.

And did exactly nothing about it.

He and Brave Paul Ryan both ran away.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35036 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I classify them somewhat differently. I might well be mistaken, indeed I probably am, but in my view Boehner tried to herd the tea partiers, failed repeatedly, eventually realized his situation was untenable and bailed rather than caved.

Ryan never tried. He just shriveled up and disappeared over the course of 18 months.