well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    One day in class ...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One day in class ...
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D how are you doing today?

A friend of mine who teaches at another uni also just got covid and it sounds like it's really hitting her hard.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'll probably test again this evening. I suspect it'll still be positive, but who knows.

I'm pretty much over it. Tiny bit of residual chest congestion.

Teaching via zoom this afternoon.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing this thread for the first time today. I'm glad you seem to be on the upswing.

It is a real question as to how we want to live our lives, since it seems that this will be endemic and a part of the world in which we live going forward. It's troubling that, unlike some viruses, it's not one and done. And I do worry about long COVID, even though there may be long versions of other viruses. So I would probably prefer to stay on the more cautious end of the spectrum.

However, no one seems to wear masks at my office, and I have to go in a couple of times this fall. That causes me some concern.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Wife wanted me to test again today. I knew the likely result beforehand ... still positive.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It probably took me about 10 days after I was symptom-free before I tested negative...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're feeling better, P*D!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Glad you're doing better. Our neighbors had a couple of outdoor get togethers over the weekend - and bam - both got Covid. From them and others, my sense is that the disease is milder - but more contagious.

I just got my bivalent vaccine today. We have a short trip planned for next month - hopefully, we're good being on a flight - and my wife - being among a crowd.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
outdoor get togethers

Yikes, not what I want to hear!! Hopefully they all packed in close together?? WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post