well-temperedforum.groupee.net
"Don't Say I Didn't Try To Tell You"

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/5153922397

28 September 2019, 01:39 PM
QuirtEvans
"Don't Say I Didn't Try To Tell You"
https://www.washingtonpost.com...DgeLL08mmowJEf5JDeJ4
29 September 2019, 05:06 AM
JoeB
quote:
We’re glad you’re reading The Washington Post.
Unfortunately, you’re out of free articles.
Subscribe to real news for as low as $1 a week.
Subscribe now

No, thank you.
29 September 2019, 06:57 AM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by JoeB:
quote:
Subscribe now

No, thank you.

+1
29 September 2019, 08:14 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by JoeB:
quote:
Subscribe now

No, thank you.

There are workarounds, which have been discussed many times. Feel free not to use them.
29 September 2019, 08:39 AM
Piano*Dad
It helps to post some of the juicy bits to get a conversation going.
29 September 2019, 08:41 AM
Piano*Dad
For the curious, this is about Nora Ephron telling everybody about the identity of Deep Throat (Mark Felt) many years ago, but nobody would listen.
29 September 2019, 09:17 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
For the curious, this is about Nora Ephron telling everybody about the identity of Deep Throat (Mark Felt) many years ago, but nobody would listen.

There were interesting anecdotes, like Bernstein using the code "M.F." to refer to Deep Throat, and then trying to convince Ephron that stood for "my friend" and not "Mark Felt".

The larger question for me is whether people didn't believe Ephron because Ephron was Ephron, or whether people didn't believe Ephron because she was a woman. Perhaps there's some of the former, but I suspect that there's a whole lot more of the latter. After all, Ephron was a woman, and why believe a woman's speculation? It's just one symptom of the way in which society disrespected the thoughts and contributions of women for generations. I mean, come on. She was Nora Freaking Ephron. She should have been believed. This should have been huge news. And it cannot have been a massive conspiracy to protect Mark Felt.
29 September 2019, 11:54 AM
Nina
"My Friend" is not what I think of when I hear someone referred to as 'MF'. Evil
29 September 2019, 08:51 PM
jon-nyc
I don’t know that anyone’s speculation deserved to be believed, even if it turned out to be right.

Maybe considered.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.