well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house (MCM on steroids edition)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house (MCM on steroids edition)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Not what you'd expect in Rolling Meadows, the little suburb next door to mine....

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...paign=zillowgonewild

The backstory:

https://www.dailyherald.com/ne...-home-sells-for-531k

quote:
O'Brien is in the process of closing a Hello Vintage storefront in Oakland, California, and shifting exclusively to online retailing when she moves into the Rolling Meadows home this summer.

"I've been extremely spoiled with California's weather. But I'm looking forward to the change of seasons and cozying up in my home in winter," she said.

Steve could give her some advice about the move.... Big Grin

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That house is a real show stopper! Having recently received my latest OhioEd bill I’m not sure I want to heat it, but coming from CA and at $539K it might be worth it.

The trick to owning a house like that is to fully commit right from the start. If you tried to modernize it you’d ruin it and once you started there would be no end. Buy sheets for the round bed and brush up on James Bond movies.

Fantastic!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It is a pretty interesting house, and I absolutely agree it needs to be left as is.

Did you notice the slight charring on the wood trim that's above the fireplace? Tiki

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I love it. Real design, themes carried throughout the house.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Yeah - not normally my style - but I like it. Having said that, it wouldn't work for us with our art and music stuff.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post