well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    14 hours later, a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14 hours later, a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
I just can't figure out why people aren't yelling more about the need to AT LEAST ban assault weapons.

It's not equally about all guns.

I'd say at a rough guess that the ratio of deaths/injuries from an assault weapon compared to those from an "ordinary gun", are as much more lethal than ordinary funs are to knives.

Picturing the weapons in the hands of a hypothetical murderous lunatic motivated by the same violent impulse.

The type of gun makes a crucial difference.

And the gravity of the injuries, the difficulty in treating assault weapon injuries are immensely worse too. Not to mention using exploding bullets!

(Granted, there may be a special appeal in the planning stage,of that very ability to cause mass mayhem. May seem more "worth dying for". For that sick fame.)

+1

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
And according to a GOP state representative from the Dayton area, THIS is why we have mass shootings:

This is typical conservative screed, but I don't want to let it go without parsing a couple of Candice's ideas.

"...the culture, which totally ignores the importance of God and the church (until they elect a President)"

WTF?!

What does this mean? 'The culture is Godless, this is a Christian nation, blah, blah...' But, wait. There's more. Until they elect a President? This makes no kind of sense.

Then, of course:

"...snowflakes, who can't accept a duly-elected President."

He was duly-elected by the Electoral College. What is she talking about?! Wink

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post