well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cottage with a view

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cottage with a view
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Near the Air Force Academy

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25841 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice house, not my style, nice garage, great view! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
the view from the back deck is almost exactly like ours! Not a fan of tile countertops, but I like the tile color in the bathroom.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21534 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The 1980s called and they want their tile and color palette back.

Seriously. Just from looking at the photos I guessed that the house was built in the 80s.

Actual date: 1986.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38201 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I like the place, but cannot tell what is on what floor. It is north of the Air Force Academy, which is nice. There is a supermarket that is not too far, but the city is miles south through a lot of traffic. Many people commute from the northern part of Colorado Springs to Denver.
We are looking for a new place. Bob cannot take the cold and I cannot take the heat of AZ.
Maybe next year.

Posts: 25841 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
We are looking for a new place. Bob cannot take the cold and I cannot take the heat of AZ.
Maybe next year.

You might find North Carolina to your liking. The weather in the Blue Ridge mountains is fairly temperate. Ashvulle is a delightful smaller city.

I think Hawaii probably has about the smallest seaszonal swings, but the cost of living is high.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7466 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Big Al.

Asheville is on my bucket list. Islands are for short term visits for me. A friend got island fever when he was living there. Was frantic to sell and move to the mainland. I would do the same.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the many advantages to living in NE Ohio?

How do you feel about tater tots?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Chas, we visited Whidbey Island a couple of years ago with a view to retiring there. Though the place is lovely, I quickly realized the limitations of living on an island and that I would not like it at all. Getting on and off that island is often a huge problem, everything is more expensive because of the transport issues, and the power goes out a lot. Resources on islands are limited. I would have felt trapped.

I love visiting Hawaiian islands (have been to all of them except one), but I don't think I would enjoy living there full time for some of the same reasons I don't think I'd like being on a cruise. Maybe I'm just too claustrophobic.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21534 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Very pretty view, but it looks like that 4th photo is from a drone. From what I can see out the windows, there is a view but it's blocked by trees (and maybe other houses)?

In my experience if a house has a panoramic view, it's featured prominently in the real estate photos. Of course you have to watch for mega-zoom pictures, but those are often obvious when you look at it more closely.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I don't like the location. I love the entry room 's (I'm assuming that's what it is) teal colored walls, niche, and rounded doorways. I wouldn't change any of that--well, not right away anyway. Don't like the kitchen cabinet fronts nor the counter tops. Then I noticed it was open plan and it went downhill from there, not to mention there's nothing charming about that huge fireplace wall. Nice view. It could all be made to feel warmer. Still, it's open plan. Is that a dining table or a conference table? I actually like the purple down stairs, cute. It's nice to have all those bookshelves in the study but I don't like blonde wood. Hideous bathrooms. The silver/blue walls are nice, looking out on the patio. Ooh, nice quilt.

It's a funny little house. Nice to see they've used their imaginations in places but for some reason that hasn't carried throughout.

Other than being open concept (which I dislike intensely) it has potential. First job would be to re-wire and get rid of the pots (another thing I dislike intensely).

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10674 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It looks like where you go to live out your days after a quest journey.

Fantastic.

Expensive, though, for real.

Zillow says my home is worth 200k.

I don't know what kind of scam they're trying to run. Lol.

Posts: 25175 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post