well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Rand Paul tests positive

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/5043970497

22 March 2020, 01:47 PM
wtg
Rand Paul tests positive
Feels fine. Self-quarantining.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 03:44 PM
jon-nyc
“ He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. ”

I guess if you’re a senator you can get tested just because.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

22 March 2020, 03:46 PM
wtg
I can sort of understand having government officials being high on the list of people who get tested. Ruining Running the country is an important job.

The NBA players? Not so much.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 04:09 PM
wtg
Speaks to the futility of trying to convince some people of anything.

Guess other members of the GOP are concerned about themselves. They've been in closed door meetings with him and he was in the Senate gym this morning.

Given that he's a doctor and should know better, I can't believe that he was still in a gym used by other people. That the gym was even open.

Aren't these guys listening to their own task force?

facepalm

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 04:11 PM
pianojuggler
I won’t be surprised if most of Congress gets it.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

22 March 2020, 04:24 PM
wtg
Whatever happened to all those infected people in the Iranian government?

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 04:48 PM
wtg
Mike Lee self-quarantining because he was around Rand Paul a lot.

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 05:17 PM
Amanda
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I won’t be surprised if most of Congress gets it.

According to what I've been reading, it was a gym especially for congress people (including pool) and it remained open until - at least - Rand Paul was diagnosed.

Worse still, there's a lot of controversy about
1) whether he worked out (including pool) AFTER he got his diagnosis

2) whether the gym is even still open.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

22 March 2020, 05:37 PM
wtg
Romney self-quarantining.

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 06:39 PM
wtg
Today's press conference.

Reporter: four senators are in isolation.

Trump: Which ones?

Reporter: Lee, Paul, Scott and Romney.

Trump: Romney? (dripping with sarcasm) Gee, that's too bad.

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 06:42 PM
Daniel
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
“ He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. ”

I guess if you’re a senator you can get tested just because.

I agree.
22 March 2020, 07:02 PM
Amanda
Paul did NOT go to the gym after his diagnosis was back, but he did go - and participate in his usual activities - while the test was pending (while knowing he had been exposed to "positive" participants at a fund raiser.

Paul's activites before (exposure), while waiting for and after the virus test was back

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

22 March 2020, 07:09 PM
wtg
Paul's actions are just as dumb as de Blasio's trip to the gym at the YMCA on the last day it was still open; he had announced a few days earlier that everything was closing. He dragged his security detail in there, too, exercising among other people. People tried to excuse his inexcusable behavior.

I cannot believe how dumb these decisions are.

Where's markj? You can't be too upset at your daughter...our country's so-called leaders are making the same errors in judgment....and they *really* should know better....

Bazootiehead-in-training

22 March 2020, 11:59 PM
QuirtEvans
I don’t believe some Trump supporters will take this seriously until one of their icons dies from coronavirus.
23 March 2020, 07:49 AM
Piano*Dad
With five GOP senators locked down, Schumer has a lot more negotiating leverage ...