well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Charcuterie Board

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charcuterie Board
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Sharon's been collecting pictures of these on Pinterest and made one up for dinner with friends Saturday night. I think it looks great but she is already working on how to make fancier ones.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks fabulous.

You guys sure you don't want to move to Chicago?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Steve:

Now need to make it fancier than that. There's plenty of choices on that board. And I like most all of them.

You're welcome to serve it at my house any time.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7420 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Looks great! A restaurant nearby does those but they are mostly exotic meats.

The Times had an article on how to build a 6-foot hero sandwich that also has me salivating. (Doesn't need to be 6 ft. long.)

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
What a fun idea!

Have her check out this local Lowell, MA business.... Mill City Cheese Monger's FB page

She is an award winning cheesemonger and her platters are works of art.

I brought her a pair of old roof slates and she made them up for a pre-wedding cocktail party 2 years ago..they were gorgeous. It was so good I had her do it again! This one from a xmas party. ...

And her big platters are amazing..

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
This thread is Yummy

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Those are glorious!

I just love beautiful and fancy finger food. Yum!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
BL, those platters are spectacular!

I’ll send them to Sharon’s Pinterest board for inspiration.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
A chef friend of mine makes up Caprese kebabs with cherry tomatoes, basil, and buffalo mozzarella on rosemary sticks. They are really good and I can imagine a little forest of them standing up, possibly on something like florist foam, as part of an arrangement like that.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We took a zoom charcuterie class from chef Alia at World of Whirlpool here in Chicago. We enjoyed a few before the pandemic and then continued online during lockdown.

https://www.worldofwhirlpool.com/

Fun stuff!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
One of the little bowls held Marcona almonds with rosemary from Trader Joe’s. I’ve heard of them but never tried them.

OMG they’re delicious! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They are. I stopped buying them. I could eat the whole bag.

Yummy

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post