well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trucker convoy in DC
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trucker convoy in DC
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Mandates or no, they must always project the attitude of being aggrieved.

Bingo. They want to feel oppressed and to feel as if they are revolting and regaining their power.

Well yes, they *are* revolting.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin. Beat me to it.

Hey, I waited 24 hours before posting it!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
1. If you drive a regular pickup truck, an RV, a Subaru etc., and don't need a special commercial driver's license, you're not a trucker.

That right there rules out 9/10 of the so-called truckers.

2.) A lot of those trucks are show trucks, meaning they don't see regular service.

3.) Trucking is mandated TO DEATH. It is over-regulated as f***. Weight, length, width, size, height, emissions, weight per inch of tire tread width, operating authority, fuel tax, highway use tax, separate license endorsements for haz mat, air brakes, tankers, doubles, triples, straght truck vs tractor/semitrailer, physical requirements every 90 days to 2 years depending on health, compulsory weighing in each state, logbook regulations, requires breaks, requirement to stop dead in your tracks if you exceed 11 hours driving or 14 hours on duty total, and more.

And the mandates they object to are masks and shots?

REALLY????????

This is how I know 99% of those idiots at Hagerstown Motor Speedway are not REAL truckers. Even I've been chafing at some of the crazy regulations. A mask or a shot is a non-issue to me because it's for the public good and protects others. I'm willing to risk a sore arm or a fever for 24 hours if it means my diabetic or cancer-patient neighbor might not get it from me and die.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big John:

This is how I know 99% of those idiots at Hagerstown Motor Speedway are not REAL truckers. .

Maybe these are “some other truckers”. (Say it real fast…)

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

I didn't have to lol.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is absurd. It’s as performative as when elite college students whine about ‘oppression’.

These guy might as well just shout “hey Tucker, hey Sean, LOOK AT ME”

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
GOP: "You need to stop accepting Russian crude oil in the USA because Ukraine."
Biden: "Sure"
GOP: "You need to do something about these gas prices!!"
Biden: "Uhhhh....."

A trucker, sitting in their cab (where masks and vaccines are not required), decides to protest masks, vaccines and high diesel cost by driving cross country and tooling around the DC beltway for over a week, while complaining they can't afford the gas to drive aimlessly around the DC beltway for over a week while virtually all mask and vaccine mandates have been lifted....

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by Big John:

This is how I know 99% of those idiots at Hagerstown Motor Speedway are not REAL truckers. .

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25735 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post