well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Chrome OS Flex

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrome OS Flex
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I pretty much avoid Google products, but if someone is already into Chromebooks....

quote:
Before you take your sluggish old computer down to the e-waste disposal site, try bringing it back to usefulness by installing a Chrome operating system. Google has opened the downloading gates to Chrome OS Flex, a new iteration of its versatile OS, and it might be the perfect solution if your older Mac or PC is having trouble swallowing updates to its native operating system.

Flex is designed to modernize older computers by installing a leaner, cloud-focused OS. While it doesn’t have all of Chrome’s features, Google promises it will basically make your Mac or PC look and feel like a Chromebook running Chrome OS.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-...hromebook-1848549382

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38010 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Meh, I use Linux for that purpose. lol

My now 12+ year old PC with 1st generation Intel I7 processor, and all the rest of the aging components was just sitting there doing nothing.

I installed Debian Linux 11 and turned it into a web, ecommerce, and email server for my daughter's business.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post