well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A very nice story

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A very nice story
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Not my usual post, but this story touched me:

She’s nearly 100. He’s 2 and lives next door. Here’s how they became best friends.

I don't know if WaPo paywalls stories like this, but if they do let me know and I will copy/paste.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It seems to be paywalled.

I think I found the same WaPo story available on other sites that aren't paywalled. Legally available...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...t-friends/ar-AAMEqod

https://www.thefloridapost.com...became-best-friends/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's it! Same pictures, too.

Thanks! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And it's a *great* story. About what's really important in life....thanks, Steve.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm. I read this more as an article about how to pick up women…

(OK, I really liked the story too…)

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Hmmmmm. I read this more as an article about how to pick up women…

(OK, I really liked the story too…)

hysteric

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
That is indeed a lovely story!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Our neighbors have a 1 and 2 year old. I know I'm going to be the "old man" next door. Kind of fun taking on that role. When I was a very young child, I became "friends" with a woman in her 80s, a quite cultured person. We spoke often of music and literature. She was born in 1879 - so was 21 in 1900, lived through both world wars, seen everything from horse and buggies to jets and space flight. I thought she had an incredible vantagepoint on life.

Of course, Doug can talk about glaciers and hunting mammoths so his perspective is even greater.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I LOVED this story.

When oldest was a baby we lived in Torrance, CA and our neighbors across the street were Austrian Jews who had fled the Nazi's...They were lovely..

We had a deal that I would look for the drapes to be open by 10am, any later and I was to check on them.

Later, when the husband was in a nursing home and Magde was home alone, we visited often but she would sometimes get depressed..In our phone check in chats she would ask for me to bring my baby over for a visit...It so cheered her up. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post