well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Not getting paid?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/4751069266

02 February 2019, 10:47 AM
QuirtEvans
Not getting paid?
It's interesting to see how it's being spun.

On the one hand, Trump told Maggie Haberman in an interview Thursday that he's getting ready to declare a national emergency, that he's "set the table" for that.

On the other hand, Mitch warned him against that in a private meeting, and told him he might lose a vote by Senate Republicans were he to do that. And many Senate Republicans, including Mitch, seem to think that a shutdown just shoots themselves in the foot.

There doesn't appear to be a ton of speculation about another shutdown.
02 February 2019, 10:53 AM
wtg
My remark about the shutdown was made immediately after it ended.

I would agree that given what's happened in the last week, Individual 1's current trajectory takes him to an emergency measure though I think Mitch is in his way, at least at this point.

Two weeks is a long ways off; anything can happen when you are the puppetmaster on the Apprentice. After the midterms and the shutdown, will self-preservation kick in for the GOP or will they keep caving?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to loveā€¦ and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training