well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Brother has Covid
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brother has Covid
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
A question you don't have to answer, of course ...

Have you said all this stuff directly to him? About his non-science and his reality-blind denial? Using the same no-holds-barred language?

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I suspect Chas knows exactly how that would go.

After decades knowing and loving someone, you know when there's no point.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but sometimes shocking someone gets them to think ...

Posts: 12541 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Yeah, but sometimes shocking someone gets them to think ...

Rarely, and only unpredictably.

Beware the backfire effect. People are generally locked in to their belief systems. And, for many, this IS a religion. It's faith ... belief in something without any evidence to support that belief.

Posts: 45750 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
A question you don't have to answer, of course ...

Have you said all this stuff directly to him? About his non-science and his reality-blind denial? Using the same no-holds-barred language?

Thank you, but that reminded me of his fanaticism for Goldwater.
Not sure I want to waste my breath.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yesterday my brother, Roy, told me he has tested negative for Covid twice. That part it over.
He has damage to his lungs that makes his oxygen lever fluctuate widely. They are keeping him in the hospital to try remedy that.
He is now saying to stay away from people, which is a reversal

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Even more so than "the poor will always be with us," we will always have to deal with people who can only learn from bad personal experience. Very annoying when these burned finger learners vociferously badmouth people who can learn from abstraction (science, statistics) before they suddenly convert on the "wow, it happened to me" road.

And of course, that's another "superior attitude" post, and I will be summarily spanked by Horace. Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even more so than "the poor will always be with us," we will always have to deal with people who can only learn from bad personal experience. Very annoying when these burned finger learners vociferously badmouth people who can learn from abstraction (science, statistics) before they suddenly convert on the "wow, it happened to me" road.

And of course, that's another "superior attitude" post, and I will be summarily spanked by Horace. Big Grin

I certainly hope so. That is my brother, I can knock him. You should not.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My brother, Roy, was moved into ICU yesterday.
He was clear of Covid last week, but his lungs are damaged.
The inflammation in his lungs has become worse. He is getting steroids 4 times a day.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, Chas. Frowner

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Chas. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

Posts: 35382 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Steroids can be a good therapy for this inflammation. Here's hoping it works!

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
So sorry for this bad turn. Hope those steroids work their magic (they helped Trump!);

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Sad...so sorry. It does so much harm besides taking lives.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Oh no, Chas! I'm sorry to hear this.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post