well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Gift of Live Theater

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Gift of Live Theater
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Some of you may have seen this on FB...

Last year at the very beginning of the pandemic, my beloved live theater was the first to do an online event that included an auction.

I bid on the most creative item...The art/set department agreed to make a replica of your home like they do for sets! I LOVE my little red house and thought it was perfect...Golf outings, wine packages..just aren't my thing.

So I bid and set my high price at about what I had planned to give as a donation anyway..with the digits matching those of the price I paid for my wonderful home for good luck.

I was so out bid...OK.I moved on..But the next day, the theater called me and said I was the next highest bidder and the dept was willing to make a second offer. So I agreed to pay my bid...then lock down..the theater furloughed all the staff and they thought they might be able to do this in the fall...no word..so I wrote it off. I was happy to turn over my money to them as I have loved this small theater for many years.

So imagine my surprise when I received an email this afternoon to say my item was ready for pick up!!!!

Ironically, I have been running an auction myself for my org and spent the day making deliveries! I swung by the theater to pick this up...I nearly burst into tears..It is WAY more than I was expecting..all done from photos I had sent over a year ago...The detail is spot on..I am speechless.

Amazing..

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That's a lovely one-of-a-kind keepsake and supports a cause you love. Truly a double win.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So awesome.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post