well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Young One Doing Well!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young One Doing Well!
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Well, Piano*Son had his second article published recently. I won't put the title in here. It's long ... Big Grin

Nature: Communications Earth & Environment

Some of you probably know via FB, he got married in June!

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on all fronts!

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Learned a lot from that. (not)
The granddaughter of an attorney friend is studying something he does not understand and cannot explain.
That is how your son's work strikes me.

d'oh

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
News story on his article

He is a participant in the debate over whether Mars was warm and wet in the past, or if it never had a warm phase, but was cold and wet.

He is on the cold and wet side of the argument.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
News story on his article

He is a participant in the debate over whether Mars was warm and wet in the past, or if it never had a warm phase, but was cold and wet.

He is on the cold and wet side of the argument.

Well, the article is considerably easier to comprehend than the paper, of which I only read the abstract and the first few sentences of the intro. Thanks for the article.

Congratulations all around!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10678 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, the article isn't written for "us," it's written to convince other planetary geochemists.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Nice!!

Posts: 19832 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15565 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25850 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12732 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Madcap Compatriot
posted Hide Post
Hey P-Daddy -- wasn't it just the day before yesterday that little kid was playing "Pirates of the Caribbean" in my store???
"

Posts: 200 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catladyII:
Hey P-Daddy -- wasn't it just the day before yesterday that little kid was playing "Pirates of the Caribbean" in my store???
"

Ah, memories! Thanks for bringing that one back. He had some great times on his musical education journey.