well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Donald Edward Nechkash RIP
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Edward Nechkash RIP
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear the news.

I hope he left comfortably and peacefully.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Don kept me laughing for over 22 years. He loved to cook and he was damned good at it. Checked his tracks at Abasin one day. Could not tell that he was skiing on one foot otherwise. One foot had been damaged. He told me he had spent 1/3 of his life living with me. We had a damned good time. I expect him to live on in my mind

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
He was really something.
I felt I got to know him through you. Stalwart, gutsy are two words for him. Until today I didn't know how funny he was. Now I miss that about him.

So sorry that day finally came. I was starting to think he would live forever. I am sure he will inside you, as you said. Few of us are lucky enough to share your lives as profoundly as you two did.

Sending you as much comfort as he would wish for you.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
would you link to the obit when it comes out?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Don kept me laughing for over 22 years. He loved to cook and he was damned good at it. Checked his tracks at Abasin one day. Could not tell that he was skiing on one foot otherwise. One foot had been damaged. He told me he had spent 1/3 of his life living with me. We had a damned good time. I expect him to live on in my mind

I'm sorry to hear this. He will indeed live on in your memory, and you've said it all ... "We had a damned good time."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
would you link to the obit when it comes out?

Will do that if his sister has one done.
The news went around this part of the county like wildfire. He made people feel good about themselves and many people loved him.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
My god Chas, I don't know how I missed this thread. I read a comment you made today which implied he was gone so I went searching to see what I missed.

I echo the sentiments above, he was lucky to have you in his life.

I also think you were lucky to have him in yours.

I hope you're adjusting as best as can be expected, my friend. Comfort

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Chas.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Chas, sorry I missed this, only because I didn’t recognize Don’s full name.

I am so sorry for your loss. We all followed his health challenges and he kept surmounting them.

He always sounded like a wonderful partner and best friend. I know you will carry his spirit with you from here on.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
About four days ago I realized that I was coming out of a deep funk. Was not aware I was that down.
I was damned lucky to have him in my life. It was past time for him to go.
Did a lot of clearing and cleaning in the garage today.