well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Show Tunes That Sustain You

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show Tunes That Sustain You
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
https://www.washingtonpost.com...ad4866d21_story.html

For me, it’s gotta be “Nothing” from A Chorus Line; “For Good” from Wicked; “Falling” from “They’re Playing Our Song”; and “Me and the Sky” from Come From Away. Probably more that I’m not thinking of in the early morning.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's not my favorite genre and "sustain" is a high bar (yuk, yuk) but I definitely have a favorite.

I listened to a lot of Barbra Streisand in high school. It's the one where she sings: "... I'll march my band out... I'll beat my drum.. and if I'm found out... etc. ... don't bring a cloud to rain on my parade!"

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the name of the song or what show it's from...

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
It's not my favorite genre and "sustain" is a high bar (yuk, yuk) but I definitely have a favorite.

I listened to a lot of Barbra Streisand in high school. It's the one where she sings: "... I'll march my band out... I'll beat my drum.. and if I'm found out... etc. ... don't bring a cloud to rain on my parade!"

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the name of the song or what show it's from...

Funny Girl. Mary Anna and I just watched it.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have watched it. It's great. I spent two years listening to most of her records and seeing a lot of her movies.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post