well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is there a doctor in the house?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a doctor in the house?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I have a dark blood red spot below my right eye.

One minute it wasn't there, no trace of it, and the next time I looked in the mirror...

It looks like the tattoos gangsters get except it's round. It's not raised and not painful.

I could have hurt myself with my reading glasses but if that happened I think there would have been pain.

I already had an appointment with my PCP in two weeks.

I haven't had such a dark spot on my skin like this in the past.

Any ideas?

Bug bite?

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Well, I found Arnica in the house and used it. I don't know if the one application did anything perceptible (I wouldn't expect it to). I didn't look.

I'll use it once a day for the foreseeable future and see if it helps.

I just got a letter saying a claim for dental services provided has been denied. 'You can write to us; you can call us Monday, blah, blah.' Monday I have an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. It's not going to happen Monday. Roll Eyes

It will take more than one application and probaby better if you use a few times a day. Hopefully it works.

Sorry about your dental insurance - dental is the worst. They are so slick about denying everything. And even what they do cover, they have a lifetime cap or some silly-low maximum amount they pay BS. Like good luck getting a root canal and crown with the $600 they allow for that or getting braces with your $1500 LIFETIME (not yearly) cap.

(Says the person who's still smarting from having to get LL#1 braces this summer for the second time because she failed to wear her retainer like she was supposed to. She's now undergoing the world's fastest orthodontic treatment so it will be done in time for her move to California. Even though she'll only have them for a few months, they were still $$$ and of course insurance paid nothing because we exhausted her lifetime cap on the first round...when she was in middle school. And the $1500 allowance barely made a dent in the total cost even back then. What a load of crap.)

Anyhow, good luck with your teeth cleaning and doing battle with the insurance!

Thanks!

I felt kind of down about it yesterday and earlier today.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
quote:
I have a dark blood red spot below my right eye.

One minute it wasn't there, no trace of it, and the next time I looked in the mirror...

It looks like the tattoos gangsters get except it's round. It's not raised and not painful.

I could have hurt myself with my reading glasses but if that happened I think there would have been pain.

I already had an appointment with my PCP in two weeks.

I haven't had such a dark spot on my skin like this in the past.

Any ideas?

Bug bite?

Maybe but it doesn't look like any I've seen.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post