well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    History of PDF

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

History of PDF
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
History of PDF:

https://www.se-radio.net/2022/...-on-30-years-of-pdf/

Radio interview of two PDF veteran technologists on how PDF has evolved in the last 30 years. You can download the audio for offline listening, I believe.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12698 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, 30 years, I had no idea. I'll try to find time to listen to this, because these kinds of technological evolutions are often invisible to most people but they play a huge role in how we work and do "life admin" tasks.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18593 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
This month also marks the 60th birthday of the LED, although, like many inventions, three people invented it before the “successful” or patented version, the first in 1907.

And, speaking of technology and people, I found out only after he had passed away that my father was a member of JPEG: the Joint Photographic Experts Group. He was a mathematician and worked on the variable compression algorithms. Like many things I didn’t know about his work, I assume he never mentioned it because it was classified at the time.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
And, speaking of technology and people, I found out only after he had passed away that my father was a member of JPEG: the Joint Photographic Experts Group. He was a mathematician and worked on the variable compression algorithms. Like many things I didn’t know about his work, I assume he never mentioned it because it was classified at the time.

Well how is THAT for a story!

Posts: 12565 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post