well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Where the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds Are

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds Are
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Cool animated map.

I don't know where the ones we see on the west coast come from.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That map is so cool!

The most common hummingbird on the west coast is the Anna's Hummingbird, which is a year-round resident. But also semi-common (and my favorite) is the rufous, a coppery-colored, teeny hummingbird. They migrate from Mexico, and we have a summer habitual resident at our house in Oregon. We used to also get Black-Chinned hummingbirds in Arizona, but I've never seen one up here.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We watch this every year to know when to have our stuff out for the travelers.

https://www.hummingbird-guide....g-migration-map-2021

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13647 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Great website, Mik. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And there's an app for that! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post