well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Snow boots

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow boots
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I have a pair of low top Sorels but they aren’t insulated. I think I want some insulated boots for snow blowing. What good is a hobby if you can’t buy accessories?

Prices are all over the place and they all look about the same. Chinese ones are about $60 and get the same reviews as the $200 Sorels. I doubt I’ll be doing any deep snow hiking or anything like that.

Any advice?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45763 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Sorel Caribou. I bought a pair this year, they were on sale for about $120? They had them in a 10.5 and they are roomy enough for a thick sock. Plenty warm, would have served me well in Maine. (When it’s super cold, I usually attach one of those handwarmer/toe warmer thingies on the top of my foot, outside the sock, right behind the toes,but I haven’t had to do that with these boots yet.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20468 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with a good pair of boots, it’s one of the things worth spending money on. my last pair of lasted 10 years, they are still fine except I’ve worn the tread down to much for icy snow.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
https://www.sorel.com/p/mens-c...1000_color=238&pos=0

Removable boot liner. It’s worth going to Zappos or Amazon and reading peoples reviews on durability and fit on any boot, that’s what I usually do before buying. Don’t know if these will hold up as long as my columbias have, but so far I’m happy.

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I wear arctic muck boots rated to -40 for barn chores. They are grippy on ice, too.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21355 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The great thing about Sorels is that you can pull the liner out when you take them off.
That will let the liner dry which will keep you feet warm the next day.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Another accessory to consider for snowblowing...

Sloppy-fit rain pants to wear over your regular pants. The important part is that they should fit easily over whatever boots. Nothing quite like a bunch of snow going down your warm boots...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7558 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post