well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    3200 undeveloped rolls of film

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3200 undeveloped rolls of film
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Photographer Charles Daniels has been photographing famous rockers like Rod Stewart, Jimi Hendrix, The Who’s Pete Townshend, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, and others since the late 1960s.

However, tens of thousands of his photos have never been seen — they are sitting in roughly 3,200 rolls of undeveloped film in his Boston home.

Much of Daniels’s work was shot at the famous Boston Tea Party, a concert venue in Boston, Massachusetts, that hosted famous bands like the Grateful Dead, Chicago, Neil Young, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, The Allman Brothers Band, Joe Cocker, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Sly and the Family Stone, and more.

“The Tea Party was open from 1967-1970 in two locations,” Daniels tells PetaPixel. “I was the only emcee.”

Daniels enjoyed the act of shooting but never spent time on developing (pun intended) his photography. Most of the exposed rolls just went onto be collected in some garbage bag, although the photographer kept the important ones in Ziploc bags or at the bottom of his fridge in his house in Somerville, Boston.

https://petapixel.com/2022/03/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
What a treasure! I saw The Dead and an early J Giles there.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, good! Glad you found this thread; I had you in mind when I saw the article....thought it might be of interest....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post