well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Instant Pot Air Fryer

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant Pot Air Fryer
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Instant Pot has come out with a new lid for the 6 quart IP unit that turns it into an air fryer. Reviews are quite good.

Has anyone tried it?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hadn’t even heard of it.

Sounded like a great concept, but After reading the one star reviews on Amazon, I don’t think I’d be interested.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The one star reviews mostly complain it’s too small.

I bought one. Stocking up on Tots tomorrow. C-vid, donchaknow.

If I don’t like it I’ll send it back.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The size and weight of the lid were a concern, especially since it sounded like you have to take the lid off to turn the food halfway through cooking.

I’m definitely interested in hearing the results of your trial!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37972 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Tempting if it can make great fried chicken without the fat. Right now it is on sale about 40% off.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Courtesy of camelcamelcamel: current Amazon price is $79.95 (that's pretty much the default price); lowest price was a dip to $62.42 the day after Christmas and another into the low $60s in January.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s good, but maybe not that good.

It’s bulky but not heavy. Easy enough to set it aside and stir the contents and it comes with a trivet to make it easy to do that.

Frozen tots and frozen fries are dynamite! Buttermilk fried chicken is very good. The baked potatoes might be the best ever! Scratch made fries? Meh.

My next move will be to buy some Popeyes chicken and re-fry it in the air pot, per the Foodlab.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried it. We did get a like new Instant Pot at an estate sale. It works great. I still prefer stew pots. Having said that, I will qualify the number of meals I can cook with any competence are limited to about the number of fingers on my two hands. I ate spaghetti, pasta sauce, hamburger, and salad for about seven months once. I have an affinity for the Italians I don't know.

This is a long winded way of saying I haven't tried one but enjoy yours if you have one!

Posts: 24741 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Daniel, try making broth, which will make everything else you cook better.

Please try Indian food, if that is something you kind of like. It’s traditionally made in a pressure cooker and as such it’s perfectly suited the Insta pot

Chicken korma. Chicken tikka masala. Indian butter chicken. The recipes are online. You’ll have to buy a few spices that you may or may not have on hand but the results are worth it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Steve, Thanks for the recommendations!

Posts: 24741 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So Steve, did you fry anything today? In the IP Air Fryer, that is.... Razzer

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
So Steve, did you fry anything today? In the IP Air Fryer, that is.... Razzer

Not today. I had leftovers for lunch and am now in a Jewish Deli kinda place waiting for my dinner companions to arrive.

I took the opportunity to wash my hands and was not happy to find there is no soap and no towels - only a hand dryer. Mad