well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Local Business Succeeding

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Local Business Succeeding
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Our org Mill City Grows has an online fundraiser coming up this Friday...

We got an offer from a small local company that makes hot sauces...They buy our produce for ingredients.

I emailed him my address for drop off..turns out he lives a block away..at a house just recently sold...a neighborhood friend's former elderly family member owned it.. a great deal.

He came by today to drop off his donation and we got to talking..turns out he went to HS with Oldest...we chatted about all the folks we have in common..There were many.

I swear..I lived in a small town for 24 years and yet...my 4 years here in a city cannot compare to the connections...I live now in a smaller town of 110,000 than I did in a town of 5,000. Yes

I asked him about his 'day job'...He told me that as of this week, he is now full time in his business..

A silver cloud in the pandemic is that folks are cooking at home and looking for local suppliers..Perfect timing for one small business. Smiler Craic Sauce

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post