well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Any of you have a range with double ovens? Update, It finally got here!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any of you have a range with double ovens? Update, It finally got here!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nice looking range. I'd be interested to hear how the double ovens work out.

And I can't wait to see what jodi creates for the backsplash decor...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just got ours installed yesterday. Made carbonara last night. Love it. Stella had to investigate, as she does with anything new or that has moved. The granite bullnose was cut back for the last stove so I'm not quite sure what to do about that. Maybe I still have one in the garage that I can cut a couple slices out of. Glad I kept my wet saw.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have even noticed that had you not pointed it out, Mik. But now I can't unsee it.

Seriously I totally understand how a small thing like that would drive you nuts until you could fix or somehow address it. What if rather than trying to fill it in, you widened it and extended it the entire length, and put something else in as a filler? Or, if you have more of the counter, you could use that as a filler. In my minds' eye it would create a bit of a frame.

Also I think we have the same backsplash tile....

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
The stove was finally delivered - and I realized I neglected to think about the fact that the old stove had the knobs on the back (and so the granite backspash didn’t go all the way across. So I guess I’ll be doing a little art project this summer - maybe another mosaic, maybe some handmade tiles (maybe just some paint and live with it like this for awhile, lol)

I like that stove! You could have a summer art project designing the backsplash. But if you're not feeling it, last time I was in a remodeling place there were some seriously cool tiles available. Since you're space is small, you could get super exotic designer one$. Within reason.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I love the knobs on the front like that. Ours are on the top, and the cats walk on them and play with them, to the point that Mary Anna has taken the knobs off out of fear that the cats have a long-simmering plot to kill us by burning the house down.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Quirt that is exactly why we got the new stove. You could start gas flow by just brushing a knob and not know it until you smelled it. Especially bad with curious cats. So we kept the knobs in a bowl and only had them on while cooking.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13559 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I made homemade pizza (sourdough starter crust) in the upper oven last night. Worked great! We were too hungry, and I didn’t get a picture before we ate it though…

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
I made homemade pizza (sourdough starter crust) in the upper oven last night. Worked great! We were too hungry, and I didn’t get a picture before we ate it though…

This is giving me such a great mental image.... Big Grin