well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    More family COVID.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More family COVID.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Did a fun zoom a call with my brothers family and my mom on Christmas. Niece was sick, had taken test. Found out the next day she is positive. Both my brother and SIL are now sick, they were tested today. So far nobody in their family ois super sick, which is good. Neighbors mom across the street (86, I thought she was younger) is having a hard time the last I heard. And found out today that Steve’s administrative assistant tested positive last week (luckily, STeve took last week off). Man, it’s everywhere. Frowner

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yes it is everywhere and getting worse.
20 million to be vaccinated by the end of the year?
Read that only 2 million have gotten the shots so far.
A friend, a nurse, got her shot yesterday. Her throat swelled shut. They got that fixed with prednisone. She told me she reacts to everything.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, no. I hope everybody weathers it okay.

Muffin's Sister's ex-husband, my grandson's father, came down with it last weekend, before Christmas. He seems to be doing pretty well.

The boys had been at his house for a few hours when he got word, so all three of them got tested. The boys were negative, so they went home with Muffin's Sister and quarantined in their rooms for a few days until they (and she) got a second negative test. As best we can tell, they are unlikely to contract it now, so they now have the run of the house again.

She is likely to get the vaccination early, both due to working in the school system and to longstanding health issues. I am holding my breath that she gets the shot soon.

Actually, I've been holding my breath for all my kids and grandkids, but especially her, since March. Muffin is teaching elementary school in Queens, so I'm anxious for her to get vaccinated, too. My son's family is able to be at home, thank goodness.

I will be so happy when this pandemic is in all our rear-view mirrors.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My neighbor's 17 year old daughter tested positive last week. No fever, just sore throat and congestion. Also lost her sense of smell but not taste (yet). She seems to be following the course of the typical teenager.

So far, no one else in their house (a 19 year old and two parents in their 50s) has come down with any symptoms, but I'll be surprised if they are spared.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Talked to my brother today - he feels bad, but not scary bad - lots of sinus pressure, sore throat, cough, congestion. But O2 levels are fine. Just waiting for test results. So far my nephew (in same house) has not shown symptoms nor has my neice’s SO (they live together).

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A couple I have known all my life had Covid.
They are both about 80.
Neither was hospitalized. The woman spent a lot of a week in bed. The man felt bad for a week.
Their daughter got them tested for the virus afterward. I think for antibodies. They tested positive.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I hope everyone comes through quickly. The randomness of this, in terms of (sometimes) who gets it, and how it progresses, is part of the whole scary scenario.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just found out my neighbor was admitted to the hospital today. Not the mom, but the man, who is 10 or so years younger than I am. He had it, felt better, then spiked a fever a few days later, that was last week. His mom is at home still on oxygen last I heard, but I don’t know any more details than this at the moment, his wife texted me this afternoon, but I only just looked at my phone. He had the same thing happen that I did, he felt better, and then got sick again.

And my brother is in the same boat, he was sick, tested negative a couple of days ago, felt better and now feels much worse, chest pain, increased heart rate, fever, and is getting tested for a second time tomorrow, and hopefully seeing the doctor - my cousin (an MD) thinks he might have COVID pneumonia. This disease is scary.

(Update, just talked to my neighbor, they think her husband has COVID pneumonia. He’s in the hospital on oxygen, and IV antibiotics, and she is scared. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Just catching up to this thread. So sorry.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oh man. Hoping for the best. It is scary.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Muffin's Sister and the boys never caught the disease and are fine. I can't tell you how grateful I am for that.

Her ex-husband had an unpleasant but not dangerous course and is now out of quarantine.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Just found out my neighbor was admitted to the hospital today. Not the mom, but the man, who is 10 or so years younger than I am. He had it, felt better, then spiked a fever a few days later, that was last week. His mom is at home still on oxygen last I heard, but I don’t know any more details than this at the moment, his wife texted me this afternoon, but I only just looked at my phone. He had the same thing happen that I did, he felt better, and then got sick again.

And my brother is in the same boat, he was sick, tested negative a couple of days ago, felt better and now feels much worse, chest pain, increased heart rate, fever, and is getting tested for a second time tomorrow, and hopefully seeing the doctor - my cousin (an MD) thinks he might have COVID pneumonia. This disease is scary.

(Update, just talked to my neighbor, they think her husband has COVID pneumonia. He’s in the hospital on oxygen, and IV antibiotics, and she is scared. Frowner

So sorry-so scary

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
How scary fast this can spread.

I have pretty bad respiratory problems and am aging, so I am particularly careful. I ask for help. I stay in. I don't shop, visit or talk with neighbors currently. Even in my small community the cases are growing.

But here is an example of how close it came to contact.

I was offered some vintage tree ornaments. Quite a few. I was excited! We made the arrangement that L would drop them off at the end of her work day since she could drive home going by my house.

At 4 15 I stood outside by the street so she could locate me faster, never having been here. She didn't show up and at 4 45 I came in as it was then dark. I PMd her saying I hope all was well and what happened?

Her response was this:

My son and his girlfriend were just diagnosed positive today. He was the one that loaded the boxes in her car that morn. And of course Mom is in contact with him continuously as he is in HS.

We would have been wearing masks, but what about the contact material? and will she be coming down with it shortly? and items she touched and 'air' around her/us and boxes in the cars?

Too close for comfort for me. She will now be in quarantine but she did expose people she worked with and 'the public' (part of her job).

Too scary this disease is.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My brother is in the ER this morning. He went to urgent care yesterday and was given another covid test (this is number 3, the first two were negative) and was prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler, but was told if he has more chest pains (one of his symptoms) that he needs to go to the ER - he had them last night, so he’s in the ER now - they’ve given him a rapid test and some chest radiographs - he has written us all an email, so he is still able to do that, and his O2 levels have only dipped to the low 90’s so far, so that is good. But sh!t.

Have not heard from my neighbor about her husband since I talked to her two days ago. Think he is still in the hospital. She is just recovering from COVID (still has residual issues) but was given the vaccine yesterday (she posted a picture on facebook) - she works in one of the local care facilities.

Smiler Jodi