well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Interesting New Yorker article on Cohen's testimony

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/4161001366

02 March 2019, 02:04 PM
Nina
Interesting New Yorker article on Cohen's testimony
An interesting read, but the first sentence is beautiful.

quote:
A defining trait of Donald Trump—and, thereby, of Trumpism—has been abiding avarice frustrated by an equal level of incompetence.

The most surprising element of Michael Cohen's testimony (paywall)

The element? Cohen's playbook was to confess and show remorse, which is almost unheard of among folks who've associated with Trump. Will it work? I guess time will tell. I suspect the response to that question will be as bipartisan as anything else associated with Trump.
02 March 2019, 02:14 PM
wtg
There is a paywall, but you get a few free articles....

I didn't learn anything new about Trump during Cohen's testimony that I didn't already suspect. I just heard it from someone close enough to him to confirm it.

Sad.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

05 March 2019, 12:22 AM
piqué
great kicker, too:

"He was like a man shouting at a crowd to get off the sidewalk because there’s a drunken driver headed its way—stricken by the fact that he helped hand that driver the keys."

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

05 March 2019, 11:46 AM
Nina
Yep. I really enjoyed reading the article.