well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My neighbor just went to the ER
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbor just went to the ER
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Sick...She is my daily walking companion.

I am staying at home until I hear back on how she is doing and if you gets a test and what the results could be. Frowner

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hope it's something not related to COVID-19!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Hoping for the best!
+1

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for the best.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh dear!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18568 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, scary...it comes on fast.

Next door neighbor just got confirm. Rushed to hospital 2 weeks ago and diagnosed with pneumonia.

We had no contact. But have been concerned. Husband as well. He was probably the one with contact. She stayed at home since teachers were sent home. Took over a week to get a test up the line. Took 6 days to get results.

Hope all is well up there.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sending good wishes for your walking companion.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best for your companion and you, BL.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
+1

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for her and for you.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
They don't think it is COVID as she does not have the symptoms. Someone else took her in so I was not sure what the story was.

She had terrible vertigo and vomiting but no fever so they did not test her.

Fortunately, the ER was not too busy and things are relatively quiet. I picked her up and dropped her at home, then went to get her scripts.

All good. But still a good reminder that we are all at risk at any time.

And there are still plenty of folks with other issues, too. The woman ahead of me at the pharmacy had her child with her..they were in to get meds for her husband who had just broken his foot. Frowner

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Here’s hoping she’s back to her old self soon.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's good news.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I am relieved..and grateful that she is a public health nurse! She didn't want to take chances but she did say she asked 3 times to be tested and was denied as there were not enough tests to go around.

I am wondering if she picked something up yesterday..I was with her helping to do her yard work. Her large back yard spills into a wet land and we slogged through the mud to dump loads of leaves.

She is my COVID buddy (we both live alone). We have an agreement that we are each other's person..We do not enter each other's homes, we stay 6 feet or more away but we do get together every day for our own sanity. We will check in if either of us is sick to get meds, groceries etc.

For her it is getting stressful (and may contribute to her health). Her daughter is 8 months pregnant with her first child and terrified of coming by for distant visits. Frowner

MillCityGrows.org