well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/4021013366

07 May 2019, 04:36 PM
pianojuggler
Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Does anyone here have any recommendations? Any you've tried you don't like?

I'm looking at the Bose QuietComfort 35 II or the Sony WH-1000.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

07 May 2019, 05:24 PM
rustyfingers
I didn't want to spend that much, so I recently bought these and am enjoying them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M...Cb7JH09S3]Sennheiser HD 4.5 BTNC

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

07 May 2019, 11:51 PM
QuirtEvans
I have a wired pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones. Love them. Nothing sounds like a Bose, and they're very comfortable.
08 May 2019, 04:54 AM
markj
I have the Bose wireless. They are excellent.
09 May 2019, 10:26 AM
Jack Frost
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...ving&pgtype=Homepage

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

09 May 2019, 10:44 AM
ShiroKuro
Way back whenever it was, I read some things similar to the article JF linked above and decided not to get noise-cancelling. Instead I opted for earbuds with a tight in-ear seal to achieve what that article calls noise-isolating headphones.

I use those whenever I travel by air. When I take an international flight, I also take some good earplugs for when I want quiet and no-music.

PJ, if you haven't, read the article JF linked and be sure that the product fits your expected uses.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

10 May 2019, 10:37 AM
pianojuggler
Thanks for the linky. It's not that I suddenly decided I need noise-cancelling headphones... I got a gift card thingy from my benevolent employer and there were Bose and Sony headphones in the prize catalog.

When I take long flights I use foam earplugs and over-the-ear headphones turned way up.

Being moderately forgetful, I'm a little leery of carrying $300 headphones around the world. I've left a variety of things on aeroplanes in the past.

I'll see what else is in the catalog... it's mostly watches, crystal vases, golf clubs, and other stuff I don't really need.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

10 May 2019, 10:46 AM
wtg
You could always pick an item that's easy to sell on CL.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

10 May 2019, 11:00 AM
wtg
Looks like both of those headphones have Alexa built in....

HairRaising

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

10 May 2019, 11:08 AM
pianojuggler
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
You could always pick an item that's easy to sell on CL.
I have done that before. I got a small tent. I sold it at a garage sale for $15, never opened.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

10 May 2019, 11:13 AM
Nina
Back in the day, my benevolent employer did that sort of thing, but virtually all of the doodads were branded. That annoyed me. I don't like having brands on my stuff (highly visible type) under any circumstance.

I ended up getting a telescope that was low end but good enough to look at things with the kids. It was a good deal, overall.

Ditto to leaving things on planes.
10 May 2019, 11:41 AM
pianojuggler
The tent just had a small company logo sticker stuck (a little crooked) on the outside of the box. Nothing on the tent itself.

I have a clock radio with the company logo on my nightstand.

I once had a windbreaker with the company logo embroidered on it. I'm pretty sure I left it on an aeroplane.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

10 May 2019, 12:12 PM
pianojuggler
They just added a few things to the catalog:

A Black & Decker 20v drill and driver combo, but according to the interwebs, the batteries are not compatible with the DeWalt 20v drill I already have.

A Denon MP3-encoding turntable. I have three turntables and I keep hearing that MP3 is going the way of 8-track tapes.

A Little Giant folding ladder... but it's the 13-foot one, the smallest one they make and I could really use a taller one.

Gift horse? Open wide.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

21 May 2019, 08:20 PM
Steve Miller
I got a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 25s for my birthday. They are wired and there is a matching Bluetooth adapter available.

I don't have much to compare them to but the sound is spectacular!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

22 May 2019, 10:46 AM
pianojuggler
Hey, Steve... as long as you're here (and I can't hug you)...

Do you know anything about battery/tool compatibility between B&D, DeWalt, and WORX? I understand they are all the same company and all use the name "20V MAX" on their batteries and tools. They look similar from the pictures. Are they interchangeable?

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com