well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Biden, Trump and the "age problem"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden, Trump and the "age problem"
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
I just read an op-ed by Frank Bruni basically saying that the biggest knock on Biden is his age, and the biggest knock on Trump is his indictments and upcoming trials. This is greatly simplified, he goes on and discusses things in a thorough way.

BUT it got me to thinking. One of the things that has always struck me when people start talking about the liability of Biden's age: TRUMP IS NO SPRING CHICKEN HIMSELF. He's only 3 years younger than Biden. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

My theory is that the clicks you receive when reporting on Trump's ridiculous antics mean there's basically no room for any other topics.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Speaking for Biden, Trump and I, the reason we are all still in our jobs or competing for them is that young people just don’t want to work any more.

This is not an age problem. It’s a whippersnapper problem….

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nina, I've had the same thoughts.

As far as physical health they each have issues. Biden's age is reflected in how he moves, but he's slim and does real exercise like bicycling. Trump is quite overweight, has a terrible diet, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't walk any of the golf courses he plays. I'd give the edge to Biden.

Neither of them is a great orator. Biden gets dinged for going off message or for his verbal blunders, but I think that's been his style for years. I've always thought that Trump sounds like some kind of made-up crap/stream of consciousness/narcissism wrapped in a used car salesman's pitch with a bit of carnival barker thrown in.

I've seen the "Biden's lies" lists. It's hard to keep a straight face. I mean, have they actually listened to Trump talk?

Sad. I wish we were talking about real issues and trying to solve them. Instead we're mired in this insanity.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post