well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What is it?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Garlic?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wait, no - getting the seeds out of peppers?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Which is a pain in the @ss, in my opinion.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Seeds take you in the right direction....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So not peppers?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not peppers.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Tomato?

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not tomato.

Hint: The seeds are the edible part.

Bazootiehead-in-training

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Pomegranate seeder!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The seeds are not red.

Is it time for the reveal?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
to get popcorn off the cob?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ding-ding-ding-ding!!

rontuner, you are the winner!!!

We got two ears of popcorn on the cob from our CSA. I looked online to see what to do with it, and found videos that showed how to pop it in the microwave. You put an ear in one bag, fold over the end, then put that bag in another, fold over the end, and microwave.

I didn't have any paper bags and asked my neighbor if she had any to spare. As it turns out, her dad had a mini-farm and used to grow......yes, you guessed it - popcorn.

She had never heard of popping the corn on the cob in the microwave. When I asked her how she made it, she went in the house and came back with the gizmo. Hence my hint about the paper bag being the alternative to using this tool.

Thanks to all for playing...I'm going to try one cob in the microwave and see how it goes. If it's a bust, I'll strip the kernels off and do them on the stove.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Did it come from the shop next door to Four Seasons Total Landscaping?[/QUOTE

ROTFLMAO
Enquiring minds need to know.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post